Hutchinson Manufacturing (HMI) is a custom metal fabricator to the Transportation industry. Our winning combination of detailed QA systems and large capability in sophisticated weldments, machining and coatings have made HMI a supplier of choice to the transportation market.
The New York Transit Authority (NYTA) presented a challenge to HMI to find a way to reduce the weight of their rail maintenance cars so it could carry more rails. The existing cars had a maximum load of 28 rails it could carry. Together with our customers a rail maintenance car was manufactured with high yield strength materials that resulted in reduced overall car weight so that its load capacity could handle 30 rails.
- Welding processes and skill
- Compliance to specifications
Examples of Transportation Projects:
- Clbrant rail door openers
- Railway Equipment Company rail switch heaters
- Fairmont Tamper frames, tie holder grippers
- Harsco TR-10 Tie Exchanger, cab and arm assembly