Finishing that meets even the most demanding requirements
No matter the complexity, Hutchinson Manufacturing Inc. (HMI) has the experience to meet your requirements. On site testing and quality assurance check points guarantee finishing is completed to manufacturer’s specs. HMI is National Association of Corrosive Engineering (NACE) certified, and an approved finishing applicator for Sherwin Williams™, Diamond Vogel™, Porter™, PPG™, Carboline™, Deuce™, Whitford Xylan™ and others.
Our 15’ W x 17′ H x 60’ L blast and paint booths handle a full range of component part sizes. We utilize multiple handling methods through our booths, including a monorail, over-head crane and special rolling carts. For the heavy weight products, we have a custom designed hydraulic transport dolly that properly levels and moves components weighting as much as 75 tons (similar to the application of moving homes).
Booth #1: Product moves through the booth manually with a 1400 lb monorail system. Paint applications include; air-assisted pump, HVLP guns and a small pressure pot system and gravity feed cup guns for smaller applications. We are able to apply multiple coating systems ranging from zinc-rich primers, liquid epoxies, industrial urethane to select enamels.
PTFE (Xylan™) Paint Facility: HMI is an approved Xylan™ applicator with capability of doing parts up to 1200 lbs with an working envelope of 4.5′ diameter by 4.5′ height in height.
HMI’s QA/Documentation team and the Finishing Department provide complete paint-lot traceability to meet nuclear standards, and provide full Dry Film Thickness (DFT) reports with finished product.
Painting and Coating (per NACE standards) for these coatings:
- Organic/Inorganic Zinc
- Zinc Phosphate
- PTFE (Polytelrafluoroethylene)
- Alkyd primer
- Texture finish
- 15’4″ Wide X 17’2″ Tall X 60′ Long blast and paint booths
- 12′ Wide X 12′ Tall X 20′ Long semi-automated blast and paint boots and cure oven
- Oven assisted force drying
- 1.0 Million BTU Drying Oven, Infra-red oven
Blasting metal preparation (per Steel Structure Painting Council standards):
- Standard steel grit
- Black Diamond™
- Glass bead
- Environmentally and EPA compliant
- All projects are tested for abrasion resistance, blast depth profiel and paint adhesion
- Computer-controlled ambient conditions are monitored and recorded including temp and humidity
- Dry and wet MDFT electronic records